Monday, June 06, 2005

It's Monday Again

Every Monday the men of my church have a men's breakfast where we get together and discuss prayer requests and eat some good homecooked food (though all is cooked by men so you can imagine it doesn't look very pretty but it tastes good). I am the official bacon cooker. Anyway, it starts at 6:30 a.m. in the morning (and I usually get here around 6:00 to start cooking) so it's always pretty rough on Monday mornings after a long day of ministry on Sunday (and I was up til about 11:30 last night counseling kids, and talking to parents), but it is always such and uplift. God has blessed me greatly this morning. I was really needing some encouragement this morning and he provided it through this bunch of men.

For camp, I have received over three hundred dollars now in donations to give kids scholarships so that nobody is turned away on account of cost. It is so awesome. God is really working through these people here in Cordell. Of course, I could choose to look at the bad and say that God isn't working but I prefer to look at the good and give the bad over to Him.

Right now, I am dealing with two families in particular that have a lot of problems. They are both blended families, and in both instances, the oldest child is rebelling against the wishes of the parents/guardians. It just seems like every step they take forward they take two steps back. I hope and pray that God will work on my teens' hearts.

Thank you for your prayers for our camp. We are getting more last minute sign-ups so I am very thankful.

Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh,
That is sad about the teen's it makes me sad to hear that. By the way, my cousin is in basic training in Fort Knox. He went the day after Easter. I am worried a little about him. I haven't heard from him since befor he left. If you find that you have time please e-mail me. Please pray for my cousin and his family. Good luck with the whole camp thing.
In Christian Love,
Caitlin