Monday, October 24, 2005

Poor Broncos


My boys have lost...Eli Manning had to pull some kind of magic and march the Giants up the field in a last minute drive to score with only 5 seconds left on the clock.

I have really been on the up lately. We had a great hayride on Saturday night. We had tons of people there and we had a lot of fun. Here is a picture of all of us before we left. I really don't know how we fit this many people on the trailor. If you know who my parents are, they were here this weekend for a visit and you can see that they rode the hay along with everybody else. We had a wonderful visit and got to play some games, and eat together. My sister and her husband were here also. We had a great time.

God has been working on my heart lately. He has also been speaking to me through His Word and others. He has shown me that it is very good to be humble but being humble does not mean that you always assume others to be right in their criticism. I have always been one to take the criticism of others very seriously. As soon as I am criticized I would often try to change immediately regardless of the source so that the person would have nothing to criticize. I want everybody to like me. However, I have found that people's criticism is often wrong even though it may come from somebody twice my age. I hate to admit that sometimes people that I look up to may be wrong, but it happens. I was taught to respect my elders by my parents. However, while the person is older than me, that does not mean they are more mature than me. There are people who I can trust their criticism to be sound and evidence for a needed change in my life (my parents are a good example for this). There are other people whose criticism holds less weight. They are less in touch with God and their view is somewhat skewed from what God wants it to be. The hard part is judging which type of person is criticizing me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a cool pic. I did not know that you liked the Broncos. My dad used to be a "medic" at their games. See you tomorrow!
Me

Liz said...

Ahh, right you are Josh! It's hard to realize that we're actually sitting at the adult table now, ehh?
Springing from similar feelings of wonder about my aptitude, for the past week or so my mantra has been 'not to think less of myself, but to think of myself less.'

If you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my list of blogs so I'll remember to read this more often. :)
Say hi to Jen for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh- I try to read this every once in a while just to see how you are doing. Jen and I are praying for you and thinking about you guys. The Broncos will be alright....I predict a super bowl showing (remember I said that). Talk to you soon.

Your Bro-in-law Casey