Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Last weekend

Last weekend I went to my parents house. It was a lot of fun. We played some hand and foot (great card game), the guys dominated of course and I got to see my cousin and most of her family. My parents live in Sparta, Missouri which is just south of Springfield and just North of Branson. We went to a show in Branson which included dinner and music. The dinner was awesome, the music was OK. It was probably geared more towards an older crowd but it was still enjoyable. While I was there though, I got woke up on Friday morning at 6:40 with a call about one of my kids in the youth group. It was one of my girl's grandmother. The grandmother felt really bad because she had hit her granddaughter and now the granddaughter was threatening to run away. Well, I called the other minister at my church and told him about it and he went and picked the girl up from school and talked to her which helped to calm the situation down. But it was just an all around stinky situation.
God really amazes me sometimes. I was just thinking about these situations that are going on right now. One is the fact that one of our younger kids in the church was going to come on our ski trip and I was going to be responsible for him. His dad was going to go, but then made some bad decisions that made some other parents uncomfortable with him going. Well, we were going to take his little boy anyways and not make the boy suffer for what the dad did. I was really worried about it because this boy is not easy to handle. In fact he is very hard to handle. Well, God just answered my unprayed (is that a word) thought. The dad called me yesterday and told me that the boy didn't want to go. This may seem very insignificant, but it was causing me a small amount of stress. Because when you are planning a ski trip, there are many other things you need to be doing other than watching out for a small child. God takes care of us and watches out for us, even in the small things.
Josh

No comments: