Thursday, May 26, 2005

Finally!

I have been trying to post something for about a week and my post page would never load up. I don't know what's going on but I hope that these blogger people fixed it.

Things have been going fair since my last post. Our Cordell Christian Camp will be here soon. It's less than three weeks away. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that we don't have very many signed up. I got my signs up all over town and an advertisement in the paper 2 and a half weeks ago (5 weeks before camp starts) and we just haven't had very many kids sign up. Maybe I should have gotten it out a little earlier than that. I'm not sure. Next year I may try to get it out about 8 weeks before camp starts.

I preached last Sunday because my senior minister was gone. It went really well. My sermon was entitled, "The Perks of Kingdom People." It was a sermon geared towards uplifting people to strive to be kingdom people because of all the Perks we have! The perks were: 1) Our names are written in the book of life (Luke 10:17-20) 2) We are powerful even though we seem insignificant at times (Mark 4:30-32) 3) We are sowers not growers (Mark 4:26-29) and 4) We are rich (Luke 6:20). I think it turned out to be a really good lesson.

Right now, I am struggling so much with number 3. I tend to think that the harder I work that more people will grow. But the only thing I accomplish is to wear myself out. Though I know that I cannot be lazy or allow my testimony to fail (which will sow seeds of discord), I have to realize that I cannot grow people. That is God's job and I need to leave it at that. God, give me strength to let you do the work that I cannot do.

I hope you are all having a blessed week!

Josh

No comments: