Friday, May 12, 2006

...

Well, I haven't posted on here for a while. Tons is going on. I am working on a mission trip, and Cordell Christian Camp. It is going to be an awesome summer. I love the summers in youth ministry but at the same time I somewhat dread them. They are so busy and take up so much time that there is just not hardly any personal time.

Something I have been thinking about a lot lately is the fact that it is so hard to get teenagers to be committed to Christ. There is such a line to walk in this area. I don't want to pressure them to become Christians, thereby causing them to prematurely committ their lives to Christ, but at the same time I want them to feel the burden that Christ has put on them to committ to him. I guess that all I can do is ask God to touch their hearts and ask him to give me wisdom as I lead these teenagers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Josh. You're right, you gotta encourage them but they've gotta make the decision themselves, which can be painful to wait for. Have a great summer!