Thursday, May 18, 2006

Some stuff

I am about to take 6 of my teenagers on a mission trip to Pascagoula, MS. I know what you are thinking, isn't there a song about that place? If you are asking that question, yes, there is a song set in Pascagoula. It's the Mississippi squirrel song by Ray Stephens. A guy in my church asked me if we could bring home a whole boxfull of those squirrels (if you are not familiar with the song, the squirrel causes a revival in the small church).
Next week we will be traveling about 2000 miles. On our way back from Pascagoula, we will stop by Galveston, TX and visit the sights at Moody Gardens. Then travel back to Cordell. It will be a long trip and there will be a lot of time on the road, but I know God will bless it. If you are reading this before and during May 21-27, please pray for our trip. I'm sure I will get tons of pictures while we are there, so look for them in future posts.
I hope that you will also pray for my sister as she is not doing very well physically. She has gone to many doctors, but none of them have been able to help with her condition (they don't really know what it is).
I hope that you will pray for my parents also because they are moving back to Colorado to work at Mountain States Children's home. It is a challenging, and sometimes non-rewarding work, but they will be blessed for what they do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your fam. Glad we'll probably meet in Colo now that your parents are back.