Monday, February 11, 2008

So much to do, so little time

Well, today I am sitting in my office working on a paper and trying to stay focused. Wish I was a supere fast writer but sadly enough that is just not the reality of my situation.

I am a member of the Church of Christ here in OK and I am so depressed and saddened about what has happened here as of late. Several very zealous but misguided members of the church have attacked what they perceive to be false teaching at Quail Springs Church of Christ in Edmond, OK. The elders decided that their church would begin to have an instrumental assembly along with a separate accapella assembly. Though I am not in agreement with their decision, I do not believe that this is a salvation matter. I am simply not convinced that the Bible commands accapella worship to the extent that someone who worships with an instrument will be damned to hell.

I believe that the best argument for our case to sing without instruments is the fact that they were not introduced to the Christian worship service for a few hundred years after the beginning of Christ's church. When they were introduced they caused division. I do not condone the way that the Reflections staff in Lindsay, OK handled this situation. I just hope that eventually this will blow over and despite this negative representation of the Church of Christ, people will see that not all of her members act in this manner.

No comments: